Ian Russell and Dr Douglas Boateng joins SmartProcurement editorial board
SmartProcurement is very pleased to announce that two well known and internationally experienced individuals,Mr Ian Russell (FCIPS, MBA in Strategic Procurement) and Dr Douglas Boateng (MSc EngD FIoD FCILT FCMI FIBC FIOM) have been appointed to the Editorial Board of SmartProcurement..
These two distinguished individuals collectively represent a vast body of knowledge and experience in matters relating to World Class Procurement and Supply Chain Management. They will be advising SmartProcurement regarding editorial direction, leading practices and key trends to improve the content and experience for SmartProcurement readers.
Mr Ian Russell (FCips, MBA Strategic Procurement, BSC (Hons) Economics):
- Mr Ian Russell is the Chief Administration Officer of the Absa Group (A member of the Barclays group and one of South Africa’s largest financial services groups), accountable for all supply chain and property related activities, and runs a number of business services for the Group
- He has had a number of senior roles globally in both the financial services sector and manufacturing, and has worked in many areas of supply chains, procurement, operations and technology
- Ian holds a BSc (Hons) in Economics and an MBA in strategic procurement management
- He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Ian has spoken at many sourcing and supply chain conferences globally on various topics, including ERP implementations, outsourcing and corporate citizenship and sustainability in supply chains
Dr Douglas Boateng (MSc EngD FIoD FCILT FCMI FIBC FIOM)
- Dr Boateng is one of a carefully selected few international sector specific professionals to concurrently hold elected Fellowships in at least five leading international professional institutions.
- Between 2000-2004 Dr Boateng was formerly recognized by the authoritative Who-is-Who of Southern Africa for contribution to selected industrial initiatives including ecommerce.
- In 2008 Dr Boateng was officially inducted into the Institute of Directors Southern Africa’ Wall of Fame for contribution to vertical specific initiative and to international logistics and supply chain management.
- He holds a Doctorate in Engineering Business Management (University of Warwick-UK 1998) Focus: – Industrial Engineering, International Logistics and Supply Chain Management and an MSc Industrial Logistics (University of Central England-UK, 1991).
- Dr Boateng is the Founder, President and CEO of PanAvest International a niche business advisory and investments company.
- Dr. Boateng is a visionary who assists companies to profitably extend their market reach through the application of innovative Business Development Logistics and Supply Chain Management solutions.
SmartProcurement will shortly be announcing its Editorial Board members specifically relating to Public Sector Procurement.
For more information about the SmartProcurement editorial board or its members, please contact Erieka Santos