April 1st deadline looms for registration on PGWC supplier database
The recent Ariba roadshow in the Western Cape highlighted the implications of the Amended PPPFA Regulations and emphasised that all suppliers to the Provincial Government Western Cape must be registered on the Western Cape Supplier Database (WCSD) by April 1, 2012.
To qualify to respond to Provincial Government Western Cape bids and tenders published onwards of April 1, 2012, suppliers must have registered on the database.
There are several benefits to registering as soon as possible on the single centralised supplier database for all the provincial government’s purchasing and procurement:
- Effective and more efficient implementation of the province’s preferential procurement and B-BBEE policies.
- A single database from which all provincial buyers can source goods and services from centrally verified service providers.
- Once registered, suppliers no longer need to register on multiple departmental or government agency databases.
In order to register on the WCSD, suppliers must be well prepared to perform the following:
- Complete the registration document, which is available from all provincial government offices and via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, contact the Supplier Database Helpdesk at 0861 225 577.
- Provide all of the supporting documents required—depending on the business type—and Ariba support staff will assist where necessary.
- Compulsory information includes, amongst others, a valid and original Tax Clearance Certificate and a signed Declaration of Interest (which the provincial government has included with the registration documents).
- Submit all of the documentation to the nearest Ariba office. Ariba then requires a minimum of five working days to verify the data and capture and verify the information.
- Once completed, the supplier will be issued with a Verification Certificate indicating their unique Supplier Database registration code.
Ariba and the Provincial Government are teaming up to do their part to help with this critical initiative. They have established a central help-line on 0861 225 577 and walk-in offices during working hours at 1st Floor Liesbeek House, River Park Office Complex, Mowbray for the convenience of suppliers and service providers.
Ariba is doing all that it can to assist suppliers with the process as once they are on the database, they will be responsible for updating their particulars on an annual basis or as information changes.