As an Executive Search and Career Consultant specializing in the niche market of Supply Chain, we represent some of the top leaders and are called upon by blue chip organizations in the country to secure talent and assist them in building high performance teams.
One such client of mine is a Production company and they are looking for a Logistics Manager to be based in Durban.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain Management, the incumbent of this position leads the planning, prioritising and coordination of logistics activities, driving continuous Improvement towards cost and service goals, and providing functional leadership and coaching to the Logistics team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Engineering, or Commerce/Business Management
- A post-graduate qualification in Supply Chain/Logistics Management, Lean or Six Sigma is preferred
- 10-15 years of Logistics experience in a manufacturing environment, of which, a minimum of 5 years in a management role
- Hands-on experience in managing transportation, warehousing and shipping operations
- Deep understanding of operational best practices in Logistics
- Demonstrated ability to deliver efficiencies and cost improvement initiatives while maintaining high performance levels in a demanding operational environment.
The People Shop (Pty) Ltd
012 462 2828