On 14 September 2016, Treasury will be available at The Absa Enterprise Supplier Development Expo Open Day, co-hosted at Smart Procurement World.
A key feature of the CSD is that government procurement officials will be able to identify local suppliers throughout the country.
Earlier this year National Treasury mandated that all suppliers who want to do business with the state must be registered on the CSD.
The database is in accordance with National Treasury’s aim to increase transparency in procurement, improve efficiency and reduce costs through electronic registration and verification.
At the Expo Open Day, suppliers are required to bring the following information to register on the CSD:
• Supplier type, identification number, supplier name, trading name and country of origin
• Supplier contact (Preferred contact person, preferred communication method, email address, cell phone number, telephone number)
• Supplier address (Country, province, municipality, city, suburb, ward and postal code);
• Bank account information
• Supplier tax information
• Ownership information (Name and identification number of directors/ members)
• Association to any other suppliers (Branch, consortium member etc.); and Commodities the supplier can supply
They can register by visiting www.esdexpo.co.za
For more information send an email to email@example.com